Foto: Mari Eriksson
Sometimes you just want simple with a twist of gorgeous.. Then this is the recipe for you. My affection with this cake seriously knows no bounds. Largely due to the best chocolate glaze in existence. Glaze doesn’t do this ganache any justice.
FOR THE CAKE:
- ¾ cup/170 grams unsalted butter softened
- 2 ½ cups/300 grams cake flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅔ cups/334 grams plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons/270 milliliters buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce/28 grams unsweetened chocolate
- For the chocolate ganache glaze:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into pieces
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch tube pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Make the cake: In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, the salt and 1 2/3 cups sugar.
- Put the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix on low speed until well blended; do not beat. Combine the buttermilk and vanilla and stir into the flour mixture, until just blended. Add the eggs and mix until just incorporated. Set aside.
- Melt 1 ounce chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pot filled with a few inches of simmering water. Remove from the heat and add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoons very hot water. Whisk together until just blended. Fold 1/4 of the batter (about 1 cup) into the chocolate mixture, to create chocolate batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan, alternating the yellow and chocolate batters (two layers of each, beginning with the vanilla batter and ending with the chocolate batter), then run a knife through the batter to marble it. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes. Start checking the cake after about 35 minutes; the cake should be a little soft in the middle, just barely bouncing back when touched. Remove from oven and let cool 30 minutes. Place the cake onto a platter.
Once cake is cooled, prepare the chocolate glaze. Place chopped chocolate into a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate and add a pinch of salt. Do not stir for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes have elapsed, whisk mixture until smooth and creamy. Let stand for 5 minutes before pouring over the cake. Slowly cover cake with ganache and let stand for 10 minutes. The ganache will harden as it sets on the cake.
All the best
Sabelhagens Olivlund says
Vilken fantastisk kaka, ser så god ut.
Tack för din kommentar hos mig.
Blev lite nyfiken på det du skrev om Alice i Danmark… :). Var kan jag läsa detta?
Ha det gott