200g caster sugar
2tsp vanilla powder
2tsp baking powder
100g almond meal
Preheat the oven to 175C .
1. line the baking pan with a sheet of baking paper and sprinkle some sugar on the bottom. Put an even layer of the raspberry on top of the sugar and then add another 2 tbsp of sugar over the berries. Save some berries for decorations.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. Grate the peel of the lemon and squeezed out the lemon juice.
4. Separate the egg whites and the yolk. Beat the egg whites with the sugar.
5. Add flour,baking powder, lemon peel and juice to the egg mix.
6. Then add the melted butter.
7. Whisk the egg whites to a stiff then gently fold them in the batter.
8. Pour the batter over the raspberries. Bake in the middle of the oven for 45min. Serve upside down with raspberries on top and whipped cream on the side.